Friday, March 15, 2013

6 Week Freezer Cooking Challenge-Week #2 Results

 
 
 
 I know...I know this post is late!  But don't abandon me just yet!  I have a good reason.  I spent several hours this morning hard at work on the soon-to-be new website for Live Frugal.  Live Happy.  I only have a few more hours of work to put into it and we'll be live!  I'm so excited about the new site.  Not only do I have more options and control over it but it will function properly.  This means you, my dear reader, will finally be able to comment without issues or registering.  I'm going to work very hard to get the new site finished by Sunday or Monday!  Look for updates on Facebook or Twitter.
 
 
Now on to my Week #2 Results.  I did not get everything done that I had planned.  Unfortunately, the hubbie came down with a bad head cold.  What's that have to do with my freezer cooking?  Well, it has everything to do with it honestly.  Like many other couples, Rich & I work as a team at home & with our children.  When one team player is out of the game, the other one has to pick up all the slack.  So, basically, I ran out of time & energy this week.  However, under the circumstances, I feel that I did get a lot accomplished.
 
 

Here's a Recap My Week #2 Game Plan

 
Southwest Roll-ups: I found this recipe over a year ago on Money Saving Mom. Since then, they've become a favorite of mine & the hubbies. Our kids do not eat these. I made them without cheese for Roman to try, he's just not into them. Riley won't even try. But nevertheless, we still love them! I'll use 2 cups of shredded chicken from last week & homemade refried beans from the freezer. I happen to have all ingredients on hand for these and making them will be breeze!
 
Banana Nut Muffins: I ended up scoring a "Ready-To-Eat" bag of bananas at the store for 99¢. There were 9 bananas in the bag. We have 6 left now. So tomorrow, I plan to make muffins with them. Healthy, yummy muffins! Tammy at Skinny Mom's Kitchen has a simply amazing recipe for Banana Nut Muffins. I will adapt the recipe to be dairy free since Roman adores these muffins!
 
Banana Nutella Muffins: This recipe is also from Skinny Mom's Kitchen. Honestly, Tammy has baking healthy down the science! Although these are not dairy free, I'll still make them for Riley since they are her favorite. And I'll use up the rest of those bananas!
 
Sausage & Egg Breakfast Cups: I need to make more of these! They were such a hit in our house. Plus, they make weekday mornings so easy. Simply heat up the egg cup and squish it between whole wheat toast or english muffin or you can eat it with a fork. Whatever floats your boat! Roman like his on a toasted hamburger bun!
 
Pizza Dough: I know, I just made pizza dough. But here's the deal, one batch makes 2 12" pizzas. I make one 12" pizza with cheese for Rich, Riley & I. For Roman, I cut off a ball of dough and make him a separate pizza with just sauce and 2 chopped up meatballs as a topping. So, in the end, I'm left a little less than what is needed for another 12" pizza plus Roman's pizza. My plan is to make 1 recipe of pizza dough. I'll then split into portions...1 12" portion and several small portions for Roman. This way, I'll will have enough dough on hand when the next pizza night rolls around. This is recipe I use and we love it! Of course, I leave out the cheese.
 
 
 
 

My Week #2 Results

 

Southwest Roll-ups:  FAIL!  I did not get around to making these this week.  I still want to make them and will probably add them to My Week #3 Game Plan.
 
Pizza Dough: FAIL!  I know...I know...it's the easiest thing in the world to make.  Just dump the ingredients in the bread machine, push a button and done.  But I got so caught up in everything else that was going on this week, I pretty much forgot about making pizza dough.  I will most likely add this to My Week #3 Game Plan.
 
 
Banana Nut Muffins: SUCCESS!  I made these on Wednesday afternoon.  I adapted the recipe to be dairy free to fit Roman's needs.  He absolutely loves these muffins!  And I love feeding them to him.  They are wholesome, nutritious and far better than prepackaged snacks from the store.  I individually wrap them, pack them in a zip top bag and freeze them.  I can throw one is his lunchbox and it'll thaw in plenty of time.
 
Banana Nutella Muffins: SUCCESS!  I made these right after the Banana Nut Muffins since I already had everything out.  These are not dairy free because Nutella contains milk.  However, they are a favorite of Riley's.  Rich & I are pretty fond of them as well.  Another easy healthy snack to have on hand.
 
Sausage & Egg Breakfast Cups: SUCCESS!  I'm glad I decided to add these to my game plan again.  When I looked in the freezer at the ones made last week, we only had 4 left.  These are quickly becoming a favorite for school day breakfast.  Now we are stocked up on them and I shouldn't have to make them for awhile...I think!
 
 
 
I'm very excited and anxious to hear about your freezer cooking results from Week #2!  Please post them on my Facebook page.  I decided to not include the Linky at this time since posting on this blog is not currently working.  
 

Look For my Week #3 Game Plan later today!
 
Live Frugal. Live Happy.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...