Friday, March 8, 2013

6 Week Freezer Cooking Challenge-Week #2 Game Plan


  Today kicks off Week #2 of the 6 Week Freezer Cooking Challenge!  I enjoyed having these goals to work towards last week and I'm looking forward to doing it again!
 
 

My Week #2 Game Plan

 
Southwest Roll-ups:  I found this recipe over a year ago on Money Saving Mom.  Since then, they've become a favorite of mine & the hubbies.  Our kids do not eat these.  I made them without cheese for Roman to try, he's just not into them.  Riley won't even try.  But nevertheless, we still love them!  I'll use 2 cups of shredded chicken from last week & homemade refried beans from the freezer.  I happen to have all ingredients on hand for these and making them will be breeze!
 
Banana But Muffins:  I ended up scoring a "Ready-To-Eat" bag of bananas at the store for 99¢.  There were 9 bananas in the bag.  We have 6 left now.  So tomorrow, I plan to make muffins with them.  Healthy, yummy muffins!  Tammy at Skinny Mom's Kitchen has a simply amazing recipe for Banana Nut Muffins.  I will adapt the recipe to be dairy free since Roman adores these muffins!
 
Banana Nutella Muffins:  This recipe is also from Skinny Mom's Kitchen.  Honestly, Tammy has baking healthy down the science!  Although these are not dairy free, I'll still make them for Riley since they are her favorite.  And I'll use up the rest of those bananas!
 
Sausage & Egg Breakfast Cups:  I need to make more of these!  They were such a hit in our house.  Plus, they make weekday mornings so easy.  Simply heat up the egg cup and squish it between whole wheat toast or english muffin or you can eat it with a fork.  Whatever floats your boat!  Roman like his on a toasted hamburger bun! 
 
Pizza Dough:  I know, I just made pizza dough.  But here's the deal, one batch makes 2 12" pizzas.  I make one 12" pizza with cheese for Rich, Riley & I.  For Roman, I cut off a ball of dough and make him a separate pizza with just sauce and 2 chopped up meatballs as a topping.  So, in the end, I'm left a little less than what is needed for another 12" pizza plus Roman's pizza.  My plan is to make 1 recipe of pizza dough.  I'll then split into portions...1 12" portion and several small portions for Roman.  This way, I'll will have enough dough on hand when the next pizza night rolls around.  This is recipe I use and we love it!  Of course, I leave out the cheese.
 
 
 
Do you have a game plan for this week? I would love to hear about it! 
 
Do you have questions about freezer cooking? Please post them below and I'll do my best to help you!
 
Look for my Week #1 Freezer Cooking Update & linky on Thursday! Until then...Happy Cooking!
 
Live Frugal. Live Happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...