Friday, March 15, 2013

6 Week Freezer Cooking Challenge-Week #3 Game Plan

 
 
Are you having fun with this challenge yet?  I sure am!  I'm looking forward to having a more productive week this time around.
 
 

My Week #3 Game Plan

Southwest Roll-Ups:  Since I did not get around to making these last week, I decided to put them back into the plan this week.  They are super yummy & easy to reheat for dinner!  The recipe can be found at Money Saving Mom.
 
Pizza Dough:  Again, I failed to make this during Week #2.  This will gt accomplished this week.  Having pizza ready to go is awesome and much healthier and a heck of a lot better tasting than store bought frozen pizza.  I'll be using this recipe from Skinny Mom's Kitchen.
 
Homemade Marinara Sauce:  I make a big pot of sauce about once every month to 1 1/2 months, depending on how much we use.  This is one thing I have always made a large batch of and froze.  Sorry there is not a recipe for this marinara sauce.  It is something I learned by watching.  I don't think anyone in my family has ever measured the ingredients and written it down. 
 
2x Lasagna:  I will posting this recipe this week after I make the trays of lasagna.  Having something like lasagna in the freezer is great.  I'll be giving on tray to my parents to have on hand.  Our trays will probably be in the freezer for some time being that we don't have lasagna often.  But when we are craving it, all the work will be done!
 
2x Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets:  This recipe is delicious!  Freezing them will be an experiment for me.  I have to research a bit more to find out if I should bake them completely or partially before freezing.  I found the recipe over at SkinnyTaste.  I highly recommend this website to everyone!  Her recipes are practical, easy to make and absolutely delicious!  Did I mention they are also very healthy?  Can't beat that!
 
 
Do you have a game plan for this week? I would love to hear about it!
Do you have questions about freezer cooking? Please post them on Facebook and I'll do my best to help you!
 
 
Live Frugal.  Live Happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...