Monday, July 9, 2012

Challenge: 30 Days to an Organized Home--Day 5 Results

Challenge: 30 Days to an Organized Home--Day 5 Results


Today's assignment was perfect for me.  I really needed to clean & organize my under the sink area.  We have a small cabinet and 2 drawers.  As I said earlier, our space is very limited.  

It was a hot mess under my bathroom sink! 
 Here's my before pictures:

BEFORE:


 This drawer doesn't look so bad...

...until I take out my make up bag!

I started with the cabinet area and removed everything.  There's was shelf liner in the cabinet.  But it was dirty and gross looking, so I tossed it.  I might replace it in the near future.  Maybe something fun & funky like I used under my kitchen sink!

I cleaned the cabinet well.  It took some scrubbing.  While it was drying, I sorted out all our products.  I tossed quite a bit into the trash.

Before I put everything back, I decided to use my frugal tip to contain my hair dryer cord.


It took a bit of coaxing to get it fit but I think it'll work out great.  I rarely use a hair dryer(curly hair+hair dryer=fuzzy, frizzy head) so storing this way is ideal for me. 

I used one basket that was left over from doing my junk drawer to hold all the bottles that seem to get knocked over.  Shaving creams, hairspray, mouse,  hubster's extra deodorant,  kids' mouthwash, kids' toothpaste and kid flossers.  My trusty stain stick is also in there.  Hopefully these bottles won't be all over the cabinet anymore!


Next I moved on to the bottom drawer.  This thing had a little of everything in it.  Body scrub, facial moisturizer, contact solution, cortisone cream and countless other products.  I removed everything, cleaned the drawer and put the items I wanted in the drawer back.


Our bar soap finally has a home!  I used a small long basket(left from the junk drawer) to hold the various tubes of creams & ointments.  It's not perfect but at least I know what's in there now.

On to the top drawer.  I repeated the same steps of emptying and cleaning.  Oh and it was gross!  So much hair in this drawer...yuck!  I got rid of a few things I no longer use and moved the curling iron under the cabinet to live with the hair dryer.  I added a small square basket to hold nail polish, nail files and powder.  This drawer is pretty much the same, however there's no longer a bunch of stuff under my make up bag.



It feels great to have this area cleaned up and organized!  I love to look around my house and see the effects these simple tasks are having on our lives.  I hope Challenge: 30 Days to an Organized Life is helping you just as much!

Check back tomorrow at 10am for the next assignment!

Now it's your turn!  Link up your results or leave me a comment on how your day went!  I would love to hear from you!


Live Frugal. Live Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...