Monday, July 16, 2012

Challenge: 30 Days to an Organized Home--Day 9

Challenge: 30 Days to an Organized Home--Day 9


Good Morning!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  It went by far too fast for me!

Assignment #9

Recipe Box or Book

The question has been raised before, are recipe boxes and books outdated?  With all the wonderful recipes sites available online these days, do we really need our recipe box anymore?  My answer, yes!  I have tons of recipes that I've collected over the years.  I find it easy to pull a card and whip something up.  I have used my Kindle Fire in the kitchen before and it works just fine, but I'm always worried about dripping water or something on it.  If I ruin a recipe card, it's easy to replace.

For today's assignment, go through all of your recipes.  If there's any that need added to a card, go ahead and do it.  Next, grab your recipe box or book and go through it.  Are there any recipes you no longer want?  If so, get rid of them.  Now start to organize our recipes the way you prefer, usually alphabetically or by type(i.e. drinks, beef, snacks, etc).  And that's it!  Not too bad, right?

Frugal Tip:  If you don't have recipe cards, consider using index card.  They'll work just as good and are very cheap!


Check back tonight at 9pm for my results and linky!


Live Frugal.  Live Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...