Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Challenge: 30 days to an Organized Home--Day 15 Results

Challenge: 30 days to an Organized Home--Day 15 Results


Today's assignment went really good.  I didn't take pictures underneath the beds.  I didn't think they would come out to good.  Instead I took pictures of my storage containers.  

Here are the before pictures:




All three of these containers are for my son & daughter.  Many people give me clothes for our son, but most don't fit him yet.  My daughter's bin was stuff I waiting for her to grow into.  However, the season never worked out right with the sizes.  We actually have a very large bin of clothes for her in our basement.  My wonderful cousin gave them all to us!  How generous and thoughtful!

Back to the assignment.  I went through each bin removing any clothes that no longer fit.  I cleaned under the beds using the vacuum hose the best I could.  Moving beds right after recovering from an injury didn't seem like a good idea.   I'll have to get the hubster to assist me with that task soon.  

Here are my after picutres:


This is Riley's bin.  It's nearly empty now!  But that's mean I can get in the basement bin and pull out anything that will fit her this fall and store them here.  Excess storage makes me one happy lady!


This is Roman's first bin.  We will be using half of this bin next month for back to school clothes!  There are several short sleeved uniform shirts to start the year off and a pair of shorts too.  In the Spring, I bought him a few sweatshirts that are 2 sizes too big.  However, they were $1.50 each on clearance.  He can wear them one day!


This is Roman's 2nd bin that lives under our bed.  It was stuffed full.  When I went through it, nearly all of the clothes are too small.  I forgot about them.  Shame on me!  All of them were given to us.  I plan to pay it forward and donate every single piece to our local Salvation Army.  

The other two bins we have are all bedding.  I didn't take pictures because I didn't get rid of anything.  I just took them out, refolded and checked that they were full sets and placed them back in the bins.  Nothing exciting at all.  

We do not have a linen closet in our home.  Storing sheets under the bed is very convenient for me.  The only other option is a shelf in our closet that I can't reach without a step stool, so not an option at all!

Now for my donation pile.  I never take a picture of this, but I think one is worthy of recognition!


All that from just 3 under the bed storage containers!  I'll add this to my other donation items and take them to The Salvation Army at one time.

I so happy with the space I freed up by doing this!

I hope these assignments are helping you as much as they are helping me.  Please leave a me comment and let me know how it's going!  I would really love to hear from you!

Check back tomorrow at 10am for the ext assignment!


 
Live Frugal.  Live Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...