Monday, July 2, 2012

Challenge: 30 Days to an Organized Home--Day 1 Results

Challenge:  30 Days to an Organized Home--Day 1 Results


I think I'm still in shock at the amount of junk that I found in my junk drawer.  There were small toys, recipes, Pokemon cards, 4 rolls of tape, 4 pens that no longer work and countless tiny screws(I have no clue where they came from).  Here's the before picture:


Pretty scary, right?

I took my junk drawer out and took it to the dining room table.  That gave me plenty of room to spread everything out and make my 3 piles.

I even had a very special helper join in on the fun!


Although Sadie was very helpful, I had to shoo her away and keep on going.  

Soon, I had my 3 piles finished, I cleaned and dried the drawer, then started focusing on putting the baskets from the Dollar Tree in the drawer.  It was sort of like a jigsaw puzzle.  It got frustrating, but I did prevail!  Sorry, I didn't snap any pictures of my epic battle with plastic baskets!

It didn't take long to sort out my pile of "keeping it" things.  I tested all the pens, narrowed the tape down to 2 rolls plus packing tape and found a new home for all those screws.  The other 2 piles were sent to their rightful homes or to the trash.  Sadly, there was nothing in this drawer worth donating.

After about 30 minutes of of work, my junk drawer was clean & organized.  It feels great!  That drawer has been a nemesis of mine for years!

Here are my after pictures: 






Sorry this post is a bit late.  Our neighbors welcomed a new baby last week and we got to see him for the first time tonight!

Check back tomorrow morning for the next assignment!  

Now it's your turn!  Link up your results or leave me comment on how Day 1 went for you!


Live Frugal. Live Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...