Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Bathtime Fun!

Bathtime Fun!

My kids love bathtime.  Even my 9 year old still has a blast playing in the tub.  But playing with the same bath toys everyday must get boring, right?  So I decided to spice things up for them alittle with an awesome idea I saw on Pinterest.

Homemade Bath Paints!

It's so simple to make and washes off the tub easily.  Here's what you'll need:

1 can of shaving cream
Food coloring of choice
Bowls or cups(plastic, foam, paper...unbreakable!)
A spoon

That's it!  I also grabbed the paper towels because I'm messy(more than the kids sometimes).



Simply squirt some shaving cream into a bowl or cup



 Add 4-5 drops of food coloring



Stir with fury!! (just kidding, but hubster took a pretty funny pic :))



Make all the colors your kids want!  We tried purple but it can out a grayish gross not at all purple color so I tossed it.



Roman & Riley were so excited!  We put them in their bathing suits, grabbed the paint brushes & let the games begin!


They played for about 45 minutes and had an absolute blast!

Clean up was very easy.  I just rinsed the walls with warm water and the shaving cream washed right off.  The only thing that didn't fare well was the fabric shower curtain.  It was spattered with bright pink paint and I'm working on removing that stain.  So you may want to make sure yours is well out of the way along with any towels.

After we got the kids cleaned up in a normal bath, I got lots of hugs and "thanks mom" and even a "you're the best mom ever" from my sweet son(he melts my heart).  I love doing stuff like this with the kids.  It gets us away from the norm and trying new & fun things.  They were so happy which made me & hubster very happy as well.



Live Frugal. Live Happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...