Sunday, July 15, 2012

Shopping Results--Rite Aid

Shopping Results--Rite Aid

My trip to Rite Aid this morning went really good.  I only had to change one planned purchase on the fly.  And it wasn't a huge change.  I planned on buying 6 Schick Hydro Shaving Gel using 6 75¢/1 coupons.  I would pay $10.60 out of pocket and get back $7 +UP, making them only 58¢ each.  However, when I got to store, they had 3 Schick left.  Luckily I leafed through the paper that gets delivered to my house and I knew there where coupons for Edge, which was also included in the sale.  

Before I went to Rite Aid, I stopped at Dollar Tree to grab 5 papers.  So I was able to run out to the car and grab 3 coupons to Edge.  I ended up paying 80¢ more because the Edge coupon was for 55¢/1. But it all worked out great!  If I didn't have the papers with me, I would have skipped that transaction all together and went back later with a new plan.  If this ever happens when you go shopping(and it will), remember not to get worked up or too frazzled.  You can always rework your plan and go back later.


I paid $17.45 for $58.97 worth of health & beauty and household items.  That's a savings over over 70%!

Transaction #1

(2) Huggies Pull Ups $10 each(Reg. $12.49 each)
Special Promo:  Receive $5 +UP wyb 1
-(2) $2/1

Total Paid after Coupons: $16.00
Total Savings: $8.98
Saving Rate: 35.95%
+Up Earned: $10.00


Transaction #2

(3) Schick Hydro Shave Gel $2.50 each (Reg. $3.99 each)
(3) Edge Shave Gel $2.50 each (Reg. $3.29 each)
Special Promo:  Receive $7 +UP when you spend $15
-(3) 75¢/1 Schick
-(3) 557/1 Edge

Total Paid after Coupons & UP from Trans #1:  $1.16
Total Savings: $20.44
Savings Rate: 94.63%
+UP Earned: $7.00


Transaction #3

(1) Arm & Hammer Baking Soda 97¢(Reg. $1.09)

(1) L'Oreal Excellence Hair Color $8.99
-(1) $2/1 Rite Aid In Ad Coupon
-(1) $2/1  Manufacturer's Coupon
Final Price: $4.99

(1) M&M's Plain  50¢ (Reg. 99¢)

(1)Starburst 50¢ (Reg. 99¢)

(1) Cella Chocolate Cherry 33¢

*Note*  I had to buy a few cheap items while at the register.  The baking soda and hair color did not equal $7, which is the amount I had to get to in order to use my +UP rewards from transaction #2.  The kids and Rich were excited about the candy!

Total Paid after Coupons and +UP from Trans #2:  29¢
Total Savings: $12.10
Savings Rate: 97.66%
+UP Earned: $0

This is a perfect example on how to buy & stock up on items you & your family use.  Pull Ups for $3 per pack and shaving gel for about 68¢ each can't be beat!  Remember these price are calculated after the +UP Rewards.  Receiving +UP Rewards is the same as receiving cash that is redeemable at Rite Aid.  Look for my second installment of The Drugstore Game: Rite Aid later this week!


Live Frugal.  Live Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...