Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Challenge: 30 Days to an Organized Home--Day 2 Results

Challenge: 30 Days to an Organized Home--Day 2 Results


I have to say that I'm happy today is over.  It was utter chaos around here with several near disastrous events.  But, through everything, somehow I managed to get under my kitchen sink cleaned!  I'm proud of myself!  There were a few times today that I seriously considered calling Uncle, figuring my readers would understand that my day just did not allow for the assignment to be completed.  But, I didn't do that.  Instead, I thought about my readers at home doing their assignment.  I thought that you might be disappointed if the one who assigned today's task, failed.  I wasn't about to fail my readers!
 So, with all of you in mind, I dove right in.  It was such as mess under my kitchen sink, I thought I would never get it finished.

Here's my before picture:


 So embarrassing!  It's dirty and so unorganized.  When I began to take everything out, I found things that I haven't used for so long that I forgot I had them.  I found cleaners that I swore off long ago because they are too strong & far too toxic.  

When it was completely empty, I cleaned the cabinet really good and allowed it to dry.  While it was drying,  I sorted all the stuff I had in the cabinet into 3 piles.  The "trash" pile ended up being larger then the "keep" pile!


See all that yucky looking stuff?  Well it's not really stuff.  That's the result of water damage that happened a few years ago.  After the leak, I did clean it but I never lined the cabinet with contact paper or shelf liner.  I've been meaning to do it, but never got around to it.  


 Today I finally did it!  I chose a non adhesive shelf liner because I didn't really want to mess with contact paper.  I knew if the contact paper  got one small wrinkle in it I would be unhappy.  And although I'm not a huge fan of the non adhesive liner either, it was a better option.  In hindsight, I'm so glad I chose this.  Contact paper would have put me over the edge today!  And I love the bold black & white design!


Next I hung up a cheap tension rod to hang my spray bottles on.  It's working out good so far.  Only time will tell if it'll hold all my bottles without falling.  




 Next I grabbed all my storage bag boxes and a magazine file.  I simply cut the flap off the boxes and stuck them in the file.
It's working out good.  At least my storage bags won't be all over the cabinet. 


I had several small to medium baskets I used to organize everything else.



A basket for cleaning supplies, air freshener & polish.

A basket for our handy "cleaning" toothbrush, scrub brush & a resolve stain stick(I keep one of these on every level of our home.  They get used often!) 



 A small basket for scrubbies & Brillo pads.  Behind it there's another small basket with Magic Eraser's & sponges.

A medium basket worked out great for all our cleaning & dusting rags, which I put on the small top shelf in the back of the cabinet.  Not much can go there since the water lines run through it. 
 I'm normally not a huge pink fan, but I LOVE it with black & white!
I'm glad I pushed myself to get this done.  I'm so happy with the results!
Take a look at the before and after again:
BEFORE


AFTER
 Tomorrow we will be celebrating Independence Day and there will not be an assignment.  Please enjoy the holiday with your family & friends.  Be safe!


 Please check back on Thursday for the next 30 Days to an Organized Home Challenge!

Now it's your turn!  Link up your results or leave me a comment on how your day went!  I would love to hear from you!


Live Frugal. Live Happy.

3 comments:

  1. Looks great Holly . I did under my sink today. I didn't take any pictures ,but my looks good to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly , it looks great. I did mine today to and I am very happy with it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...