Saturday, June 23, 2012

Sweet & Spicy Bacon Chicken

Sweet & Spicy Bacon Chicken

I found this recipe on Pinterest about a month ago.  The first time I made it in the oven.  It was really tasty.  However, the bacon didn't get very crisp and that's how I prefer my bacon.  Also there was a ton of grease from the bacon that the chicken was sitting in.  

I was trying to think of different way to fix these issues.  I revisited Diary of a Recipe Addict and read that she had grilled the chicken.  Fantastic!  

The hubster took the chicken out and grilled it as usual, using medium heat.  Some parts of the bacon burned.  But it was still delicious!  I'm wondering if rolling it brown sugar before wrapping the bacon around it will help?  Maybe medium heat is too high for this recipe?  We're going to try it again if  few weeks and I'll let you know how it goes.  But for now, here's an amazing recipe!



Ingredients
  • 4-5 chicken breasts, cut in half or in thirds(12 pieces)
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon of chili powder(more or less depending on how spicy you want it)
  • Brown sugar(I didn't measure it...just poured some into a bowl)

 


 Directions

Trim & cut chicken into strips.
Season on both sides.










Wrap 1 piece of bacon around each chicken strip.






Roll in brown sugar.  If baking in the oven, place in an oven safe pan. You may want to lightly coat the pan with cooking spray first.


If baking:
Bake at 400° for 30-40 minutes until chicken is cooked through and bacon is crisp.  I found that it did need turned after about 25 minutes.

If Grilling
Grill on medium heat(or lower) for 5-7 
minutes on each side.






Tonight we served it with corn on the cob and stuffing(as requested by my son).  I think sweet potatoes or mashed potatoes would be great sides as well!


Recipe adapted from Diary of a Recipe Addict.


Live Frugal. Live Happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...