Monday, June 25, 2012

Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls

Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls


I love my bread machine!  It was a hand me down from my mom a few months back.  She never used it and offered it to me.  I was so excited about making bread at home!  The original recipe can be found on Money Saving Mom.  This recipe has been adapted to fit my son's dairy free diet.  These cinnamon rolls are so yummy!  Plus they are easy and cheap to make!

Ingredients 
Dough:  
  • 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
  • 3 tablespoons canola oil
  • 1 egg, plus 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 4 cups of flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 teaspoons bread machine yeast


Filling: 
(I double this because we love the filling!)
  • 2 tablespoons Best Buttery Sticks or Butter, melted
  • 2/3 cup Brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Icing:
  • 2 teaspoons unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 4 tablespoons Best Buttery Sticks or butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:

Put all the dough ingredients into the bread machine in order listed.  Run on the dough cycle.

You can prepare the filling when dough cycle is near complete.  Mix melted butter, brown sugar & cinnamon together in a bowl.






After the dough cycle is finished, place dough on a flowered surface.  It helps to flower your hands as well.  Roll dough into a large rectangle with a flowered rolling pin.  Spread dough with filling mixture.






 
Roll dough up and cut into 12-16 pieces, depending on how large you want them.  Place rolls into 2 greased cake pans, giving them space to grow.  Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until browned.

(Sorry I didn't get a picture of this step because I was covered in flour.  Riley had fun helping Mommy roll the dough!)





While the cinnamon rolls are baking, prepare the icing.  Mix softened butter, powdered sugar, almond milk and vanilla together until smooth.  You can start with one teaspoon of milk and add more if you want it thinner.  We prefer ours thinner like a glaze.

Here's what they look when they come out of the oven.

Top with icing and enjoy!  




You can also cover unbaked rolls with plastic wrap and store them in the refrigerator overnight and bake them in the morning.

I'm not sure if you can freeze these unbaked or not.  I haven't tried yet.  I plan to give it a go soon and I'll let you know how they come out.


Recipe adapted from Money Saving Mom.

Live Frugal. Live Happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...