Friday, March 1, 2013

6 Week Freezer Cooking Challenge-Week #1 Game Plan

 
 
Today the 6 Week Freezer Cooking Challenge begins!  I'm really excited and I can't wait to see your results next week!
 
Here's a quick recap:
 
The Challenge
Fill our freezers together with wholesome meals our families will love!
 
This challenge will not have a set goal. You can decide what you will want to cook & when. It can as elaborate as making 20 full meals in one day or as simple as preparing shredding chicken in a slow cooker.
 
My goal is to make 3-4 freezer friendly items per week. This will vary from complete meals, such as lasagna to basic meal starters like shredded chicken. I prefer to spread my freezer cooking out over the week by doing small cooking sessions opposed to an all day cook-a-thon. Again, your plan of action can be whatever works best for you.
 
I’ll be blogging my game plan and update about what I cook each week along with a link up for you to share any freezer cooking you did that week.
 
My Game Plan-Week #1
 
 
Crockpot Shredded Chicken: 2.5 lbs.  Recipe coming soon!
 
 
Homemade Chicken Bone Broth(Stock):  I will use the bones left from making Crockpot Shredded Chicken to make homemade chicken stock.  For more information on how to make bone broth and the benefits, please read this post from Kitchen Stewardship.
This is an experiment for me.  I'll let you know how it goes! 
 
Chicken Sausage & Egg Breakfast Cups:  This recipe can be found at Skinny Mom's Kitchen.  I will be adapting the recipe to fit my son's dairy free diet.  This will be my first time making these so I probably won't make a ton. 
 
4x Chocolate Granola Bars:  OK these aren't technically freezer food.  But they are stored in the fridge, so I think they count!  Making healthy convenient snacks is just as important as making healthy meals.  There are a few variations of granola bars over at The Marathon Mom.  I plan to make at least 2 different types.
 
 
Do you have a game plan for this week?  I would love to hear about it! 
 
Do you have questions about freezer cooking?  Please post them below and I'll do my best to help you!
 
 
Look for my Week #1 Freezer Cooking Update & linky on Thursday!  Until then...Happy Cooking!
 
 
 
Live Frugal.  Live Happy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...