Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Challenge: 30 Days to an Organized Home--Day 7 Results

Challenge: 30 Days to an Organized Home--Day 7 Results


Today's assignment went pretty good for me.  As I suspected those pesky crumbs were all over my utensil drawer!  

Here's the before picture:


What a mess!  I decided to remove the drawer and take it to the dining room table.  I had plenty of room to spread everything out and make my piles. 

Let's just say, I have a very hard time letting go of things in this drawer.  I have a passion for cooking and I use 90% of these tools & gadgets often.  I'm sure I don't need 7 different large spoons all the time but they come in handy during parties & large family dinners which are served buffet style.  I admit there are a few things, like my pastry blender that I only use for specific baked goods, but I still need one, right?  

Here's a picture of my donation/trash pile:


Not very large, I know.   In case you are wondering, I don't just donate my donation/trash pile.  When I'm finished with the assignment, I go through everything I didn't want and decide if it's good enough to be donated.  If so, I put it in my donation box in the basement.  If it's in bad shape, I trash it.  For example, I didn't donate old used medicine cups or the old pumpkin carving tool.  Those were sent to trash, along with a few other items.  Now you all know what I do with my donate/trash pile after each assignment.

I began putting everything back into the drawer.  About half way through, I realized that I do have too much stuff but I'm still unwilling to let go of any of it(maybe I'm too attached to my utensils lol).  I came to the conclusion that my drawer will look better and more organized but by no means will it be perfect.  And I'm OK with that.  Now I can at least see what I have or know where it is in the drawer.  I just wondering how long this drawer will stay somewhat neat...probably not long!

AFTER:



Check back tomorrow at 10am for the next assignment!
Now it's your turn!  Link up your results or leave me a comment on how your day went!  I wouldlove to hear from you.

Live Frugal.  Live Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...